Therapy for Adults with Asperger’s Syndrome
Assisting someone with Asperger’s in living a successful, meaningful and happy life is my goal as an Asperger’s psychologist. I treat adults with Asperger’s through psychotherapy and psychoanalysis.
The aim of therapy for Asperger’s includes:
- Learning to interpret gestures, facial expression and tone of voice of others so that intentions and the meaning of communication is clearer.
- Building social skills and increasing flexibility in social situations.
- Developing a realistic understanding of who one is, greater appreciation of one’s unique qualities and strengths
- Reducing self-doubt and self-criticism.
- Increasing social success and self-esteem.
Therapy for Asperger’s begins with a thorough analysis of personal strengths and challenges. The goals for therapy are defined and described in measurable terms. A plan of action is determined, and assessing the outcome of that plan occurs periodically during the course of therapy.
Treatment of Asperger’s in adults varies from a few sessions to a longer term commitment, depending upon one’s goals and motivation.
To schedule an initial consultation with Asperger’s psychologist Dr. Kenneth Roberson, please call 415-922-1122 or use the contact form.