For people who suspect they have Asperger’s or ASD and want a professional evaluation, I provide a comprehensive assessment of these conditions. Based on questionnaire results, review of documentation and an interview process, I determine if an individual has Asperger’s or ASD, or whether there are other conditions that may play a role in the person’s overall functioning.
I also work to help individuals meet the challenges of Asperger’s and ASD through psychotherapy and psychoanalysis.
In the case of families and organizations, I am available to assist in determining appropriate and beneficial services for an individual with Asperger’s and access to those services.
- 1991: Licensed as a psychologist in California
- 1986: Licensed as a psychologist in Illinois
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- International Psychoanalytic Association
- 2008: Graduate, San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis
- 1985: Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, University of Texas at Austin
- 1980: M.A. in Counseling Psychology, Michigan State University
- 1973: B.A. in Psychology, University of California, Berkeley
Relevant Professional Positions
- 2008: Member, San Francisco Center for Psychoanalysis
- 1991-2000: Training Director, Tender Lion Family Program, San Francisco
- 1992-1994: Adjunct Faculty, San Francisco State University
- 1992-1993: Adjunct Faculty, Professional School of Psychology, San Francisco
- 1992-1994: Adjunct Faculty, John F. Kennedy University, Orinda
- 1986-1991: Supervisory and Teaching Faculty, Psychological Services Center, University of Illinois, Chicago